Friday 2 May, 2008

My Bike – Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi

I have been really patient to write anything about my new bike - Bajaj Pulsar 220 FTS-Fi. It’s a long wait before commenting anything about it after buying it in November 2007. Now after riding on my darling for half a year I can certainly say it rocks!

It’s not the story about the technicalities about this bike or flaunting about the top speed touched or something like that (I will write separately for that;-)) but it’s just the story of how (finally) I bought it!

It was always my dream to ride fast and furious, roaring bike and owning one like that will be like ghee mein shakkar! Now for a middle class man like me, we have only one option Pulsar, a perfect blend of Style and Power. So when I thought of buying a bike I had no other choice but to buy a Pulsar! It was mid of 2006 when the thought got prominent as my bank balance started telling me that the day is not far away…



But suddenly there is a twist in the story. The mails of Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi started hitting the Outlook Mailbox and the bike was so attractive to get unnoticed. And in the meantime I went to USA so with some more money in my pocket the decision was simple. But still 90K? A daunting figure! I tried convincing myself saying come on its your dream bike (jiske sapane meine do saal pahele kabhibhi nahi dekhe the;-)) and onsite incentives are nothing but bonus meant just for your bike. These are all indications for the same. But Yep I am out of my dilemma. But is it still worth 90K? (Now I can say it really is). The answer was to wait for some time and get the feedback.

With days passing by in the New Year 2007 there still was no news of official launch of 220. There was just a test launch that happened and I was not ready to be a guinea pig. Mind you its not Hero Honda to be so sure of being a first buyer! And Bajaj proved it with some modifications later on in digital dials, disk brakes and some changes in engine too. But the wait was really getting longer with official launch of Pulsar 200 DTS-I happening out of the blues. Hey where is 220? Have they dropped the plan? Is it not good enough? Are there any problems? Why is it taking so long? And there were some news of XCD as well. Frustration started gripping! Panic! Should I go for 200? Hey I am waiting! Don’t you guys know that?

And finally the wait was over! Finally the bike was launched officially! But I waited for some more time for the bike to hit the roads and to get some feedback. And with positive feedback the day arrived. I went to pro-biking showroom on 24th October 2007 at 5.55PM (no I am not Subodh from DCH but who cares even if I behave that way after such a long wait!) and booked my bike after having a ride on dyno! BLACK BAJAJ PULSAR 220 DTS-Fi ! I am finally the owner of Pulsar 220! And from the day it arrived in my life it has been an indispensable part of my life!

Now I am just waiting to have someone to occupy my empty pillion seat;-).

1 comment:

Sue said...

great! interesting!